To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Today in the Garden

Well I see you found your computer..amazing what you
find when you clean out the home office. :)

Sorry you didn't get a chance to work more in your
garden with the tour coming up. Gotta add some stress
there!

Hopefully tomorrow you will have my today weather. It
was wonderful hanging right at 80 and I spent the
entire day out there.

I can actually see the end of weeding in site. Was
debating if that would ever happen....Got one bed left
to go, so if the weather man is wrong and it doesn't
rain, I will tackle that tomorrow. Besides weeding, I
have been fertalizing and mulching, to the turn of 35
bags already....Only got 5 left, hopefully that will
be enough. I have been analizing and moving/planting
stuff as I went along... Did see some areas that need
plants and noted which season was missing. More on
that later...

Oh, once again I have two plants that escape me....

I did make a mistake and opened the shed door
tonight... sigh, another mess.

Donna

--- Chris Petersen <chris@widom-assoc.com> wrote:

Dear All,

We are having a major downpour at the moment.  I
worked in the garden
through the light rain, but quit when it came down
hard. I literally was
coated with mud!  I spent the time alternating with
pulling invasive
Houttuynia cordata 'Chameleon'

(http://www.hcs.ohio-state.edu/hcs/TMI/Plantlist/ho_rdata.html)
and trimming back overgrown shrubs. After about
three hours, I was drenched
as the water just ran down my slicker and soaked my
shorts. I had to resort
to straightening up my home office at task that I
had been trying to avoid
for ages!

It was too wet to take pictures in the garden and
there were some nice
clumps in bloom. Instead, I leaned out the door on
the deck and took a photo
of a container garden under the eaves:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chrispnpt/detail?.dir=e995&.dnm=d185.jpg.

Tomorrow it better clear up or else I'll have to
tackle the bills and junk
mail in the kitchen!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York