To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 8:01 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Today in the Garden

Dear All,

We are having a major downpour at the moment. I worked in the garden
through the light rain, but quit when it came down hard. I literally was
coated with mud! I spent the time alternating with pulling invasive
Houttuynia cordata 'Chameleon'
and trimming back overgrown shrubs. After about three hours, I was drenched
as the water just ran down my slicker and soaked my shorts. I had to resort
to straightening up my home office at task that I had been trying to avoid
for ages!

It was too wet to take pictures in the garden and there were some nice
clumps in bloom. Instead, I leaned out the door on the deck and took a photo
of a container garden under the eaves:

Tomorrow it better clear up or else I'll have to tackle the bills and junk
mail in the kitchen!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)