This AM

Came home from foraging [aka grocery shopping] this AM to find a great blue heron walking across the entry to our driveway. So we parked in the middle of the street and waited. What was most remarkable about this heron was that he had an 18-inch hog snake in his bill. I knew they ate snakes, but didn't think they would take one that large. Anyway, I had mixed feelings about it--I like great blues and I like hog snakes.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10