Re: The First Zucchini

About bees.

I have a friend who is a bee researcher at LSU. He says he's involved in investigating CCD. He says the reports of 60-70 percent swarm disappearance are media nonsense and not supported by the facts. He says "normal" swarm disappearance is 20-40 percent, and he suspects most of that is caused by beekeepers moving their hives a lot. He says moving hives, while profitable for beekeepers, is very stressful for bees. He also adds that the Einstein quote about bee disappearance leading to the end of the food chain was probably not said by Einstein and, at any rate, shows enormous ignorance about the "messy" science of biology.