Re: The First Zucchini; first tomato

Know what you mean about water bills. We have a well, so ours turns up on the electric bill--which is not as great an increase with usage, but doubly worrisome in times of drought.

We've harvested a few jalapenos so far and one "Corno di Toro", which we picked green for a salad. You wouldn't believe how sweet it is even when it's green. Can't imagine what it'll be like when it turns red. You should try this one, Pam. It's touted as the largest non-bell sweet pepper. Its was introduced by Seeds of Change a few years ago and is really a keeper. This year we have only one plant, but I want to be sure to plant a companion this fall.