Re: critters > fence ideas

Wow Kitty...that's one of the MANY reasons we live out in the country.
You don't have to deal with neighbors like that. And kids will be kids,
but parents need to teach them manners and boundaries as well. When I
lived in K.C. I had a sidewalk in front of my house and then a green
area of grass beyond that..until it hit the curb to the street. The
sidewalk and that green strip supposedly was city property, but it was
still your yard. People would walk their dogs, let them poop there, and
continue walking. They never scooped up their animal's mess. Some of
these dogs were BIG - a great dane, standard poodle, lab and airedale
terrier. I had to mow that area and keep it nice and it just made me so
MAD when they did that. I put a little sign out there that said "please
scoop if your dog poops", they just knocked it down. Very frustrating.

You need a James Bond type fence. One that will lower to the ground for
the utility company, and one that will shoot water at the neighbors kids
when they walk by!!!

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
  So sorry about the babies Jesse.
as for critters....
My property had a chain link fence across the back west end that was barely
noticeable until several yrs ago the new neighbor limbed up all the huge
pines I enjoyed as a 'borrowed' backdrop and installed a privacy fence. The
2 fences, about 7ft apart due to easement allowance looked dumb so I took
mine down. Kids from the east started cutting through my garden to take the
easement behind the houses as a shortcut to the school bus stop. So I
refenced, leaving a gap below for the cats to come and go.

Now the kids are coming through from the north and south traveling through
the back of my yard as a shortcut. they drop trash, have dug holes, buried
something, have killed the groundcover, and congregate back there. I don't
want them there; I want my privacy. I fenced off both ends and they tore it
down and brought their moms over, one of which who puffed away profusely on
her cigarette, stinking up my yard while yelling at me that the "path"
belongs to the city. the other mom yelled at me for a good 1/2 hr that her
kids have every right to walk through there, calling me a b**** at least a
dozen times. She also made note that I have no property rights because I
don't have a "partner" and I am "old" and that my yard is an overgrown trash
heap. And she says that, oh no, she would never sue me if her kid got hurt
back there.

So, I have to spend more money. The surveyor should be here within a week
to mark the exact line and a privacy fence is going up. I showed my old
survey to the city planning office and she said I can build a fence up to
7ft high on the property line. Since the neighbor has his very close to the
line it may pose a hindrence for the utility access. So depending on how
close he is to the line I may ask if I can simply tie in to his fence, but
apparetnly he likes the kids and isn't a fan of mine so I doubt he'll agree.
If not and I build a fence, I'd like to engineer something sectionally
removable to aid the utility people.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Geez critters are a lot easier to deal with. They came through again as I
was writing this.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5