Today in the Garden

First of all, best wishes to Sue on her wedding and a "wow" for Andrea on
all her exciting news!

I wrote "today in the garden" as my subject, but I haven't been there today
or very much recently. Yesterday was my last day of school, so I am
officially on vacation now!  The last couple of weeks have been jam packed.
I almost had to do a minute by minute chart to accomplish all that had to be
done between, school, family, my daylily club, chorale, etc.  I will have
more free time now, but my calendar's quite full this summer.  First and
foremost is preparing for a few tours that are coming here in July.

Kitty, I can sympathize with your trespassing problem. Recently, someone
locally brought a family to court because the kids next door were making a
racket all day long in their backyard pool.  I would hope that court
wouldn't be necessary, but I can empathize with their feelings. When we were
kids, my parents made sure that we kept the noise down to be respectful to
our neighbors. I can't imagine being out in my garden and having to listen
to screams from the pool all day long. Whenever my son had an outdoor party
here, we did everything possible to keep the noise at a reasonable level.

I'll try to report on the garden later.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)