Re: critters > fence ideas

That's great, Kitty. I'm always gratified when good things happen to good people.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT]critters > fence ideas

Update!
They surveyed the lot today and it turns out that my neighbor placed his fence within about an inch of the property line, so the whole 80 inch wide area between our fences that the kids are abusing is ALL MINE! One utility pole is completely on my property while the other is on the line. I was trying to figure how to work my fence in alongside his when...DUH...I don't need a 64 foot fence. All I have to do is put an 80 inch wide fence at both ends and I'm done. 4 posts instead of 10. 2 panels instead of 8. There's still the cost of the post-hole digger. $20 for a truck to get the materials home and $25 for the permit (and of course the $225 for the survey) but it is coming out more reasonably than I expected and won't take the whole weekend to build!

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5