From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Zemuly Sanders
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 12:42 PM
To: gardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] News

My good friend and sometimes supervisor at The Home Depot has been
transferred to Lompoc, CA.  Actually, her husband has been transferred, and
she is going with him.  The result is that I will be the new livegoods
manager for the store.  I know from experience that the paperwork part of
the job will only involve following a predetermined protocol.  The really
fun part is working with all those plants and the customers who come to buy
them.  For the past two years we have gotten all our annuals from a
Tennessee grower, and this year a lot of them were grown at the greenhouses
of my good friend, and former employer, here in LaGrange.  In fact, I met
Lynda Young at Sunnycreek.  It's owner is also the regional salesmanager for
Pope's, which is in Merryville, TN.  I know my new position will be a good
fit because I already know all the vendors, and I've met the growers, too.
I'm looking forward to having a very good time.  I think I told you all
about the cats that had come to live at the HD garden center.  Well, one in
particular has become a real celebrity.  He greets all our customers, and
they have donated lots of food.  Everybody at the store likes the cats, and
the employees donated enough money to get the male neutered .  This
Wednesday the little female, who was a lot shyer, and harder to tame, than
her littermate, is getting spayed thanks to more employee contributions.
The Animal Protection Association in Memphis only charged $40 to neuter
Alphonse and give him his basic shots.  Hermione will only cost $45.
I am very grateful.  The cats saved the store several thousand dollars in
mouse and bird damage over the winter.
zem
zone 7
West TN