Re: News

I did not brnig the cats there. Sombody dropped off a mother cat and 4 kittens in the spring of 2007. I don't know what happened to the mom, but several of us started feedin the kittens, who were terrified. Anyway, a cashier caught one and took it home with her, and last fall two of them moved into the enclosed part of the nursery department. I'm not sure what happened to the third kitten, unless he's the black one who appeared scarred and battered early this spring. He's next on my list to pet and neuter

We have to constantly complain to plant vendors about their employees not watering the plants they want us to sell. The HD does not usually own the blooming plants; they are sort of on consignment. The growers only make money on what is sold. I don't know how some of them stay in business.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 7:51 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] News

Congrats on the promo... hopefully they don't work you to hard. So did
you bring the cats there or did they find out you were working there and
decided they would be welcome with the cat lady LOL!

I stopped into our local HD yesterday. They need you! Lotsa plants, too
bad no one watered them. Seems they expanded on how many plants they are
carrying this year.

witches broom. Interesting plant when blooming, but the skids of them
that weren't looked kinda weedy but it might have been thru neglect.
Anyone grow this? Loved the ONE that was blooming. Sorry, that is the
only name on the tag I remember....

Zemuly Sanders <zemuly@comcast.net> wrote:
 I gave that (the collar idea) a lot of thought. I did get Alphonse a
collar, but it's black with reflective silver trim. He is a long-haired
kitty -- white with black spots and a huge black tail. He sometimes lays on
the checkstand and plays with the customers while they are attemptingn to
take merchandise out of their baskets. We have had only one complaint since
the cats moved in last fall.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kitty"
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 2:08 PM

Congrats! That's wonderful about the promotion.
The HD near my house is closing, but we have another across town.

Great about the cats. Do they wear orange collars?

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Zemuly Sanders"