Re: Re: 2009 perennial

I've had more trouble with Rozanne. The two I got from Gene several years ago are thriving, but I have lost a couple newer plants. Maybe it is the same issue. I have one 'Auriola' that is thriving, a second, purchased in the same year that is struggling. You never know, especially those of us that do not buy large quantities.

cathy carpenter
west central IL, z5b

On Jun 1, 2008, at 8:53 AM, Kitty wrote:

Not complete failure yet, and I only got 9 plants from Shady Oaks, and yes, all their stuff is TC. A couple are still hanging in there. I just thought I'd get a head start so they'd be bigger next year, but I think I'll just pass on it. Geranium Rozanne has sold well for us, but I doubt it has anything to do with PPY. Our customers wouldn't really care about the designation if they liked the plant but I still like to carry award winners as an educational tool.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@netsurfusa.net >
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: 2009 perennial

Hakone grass is driving us crazy in the nursery. This year we ordered
Aureola again and it was a disaster... we do not have a single plant alive. Three years ago they were fantastic. I think it has something to do with the
tissue culture process and the plants being pushed too hard from one
transplant to the next. Doubt it is your "fault". This is the second time we
have had a complete failure with hakone grass.

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

I ordered some of these Hakonechloa macra 'Auriola' in wholesale. They just had a small bit of growth, but I was hopeful. However, they just aren't doing well at all, possibly too much water, but I try to be careful about that. Not sure I'll carry this next year, though I do like the
plant.

Kitty