Re: Re: 2009 perennial

One of our biggest problems with Rozanne was growing them on to were they were big enough to come out and play in our customers gardens. We tried purchasing in the fall and growing on for sale the next spring and found we lost most of them over winter in containers. So, we tried getting them early as we could and growing them on before shipping for at least 3 months. Simply put, we found Rozanne a "difficult" geranium to handle. Also it is slow to awaken each spring. Most gardeners have finished buying in garden centers before Rozanne really gets started unless gown on under lights and heat.. and that one is getting prohibitive.
   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "cathy carpenter" <cathycrc@comcast.net>
I've had more trouble with Rozanne. The two I got from Gene several years ago are thriving, but I have lost a couple newer plants. Maybe it is the same issue. I have one 'Auriola' that is thriving, a second, purchased in the same year that is struggling. You never know, especially those of us that do not buy large quantities.

cathy carpenter
west central IL, z5b