james singer wrote:
I don't know what's with the weather here, either. And while I have no experience with it, when I match what's been going on since I got here with historical data, I have to conclude that somehow we got stuck in April. Except for one blip in mid-May, when it got up to 80+ one day, the temps have consistently been no higher than low-to-mid 60s. We should be in the mid 70s by now.

This is a big cherry-growing area [Salem bills itself as "Cherry City"] and I have no idea what effect this odd weather will have on the year's crop. When my sister's tree bloomed, she says, there were zero bees around--too cold. I set no fruit that I can see. A tree in the park across the street, however, that bloomed later, has quite a few fruits.

On Jun 2, 2008, at 3:01 PM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

So right after I made the comment about the winds improving, we got a
warning through email about winds next week. Gusts to 60mph on Wednesday
are expected. Great.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 2:41 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] More Weather

I hope everyone comes through it okay.
Here it is mid-eighties, going to stay that way all week, but still
windy...although we've improved some, now the wind is only 25mph instead
of 35.
Cherries are ripening at the u-pick places and I'll be getting myself a
big bag o' Bings next weekend. I am going to make cherry-raspberry jam,
maybe something else if I get inspired.

Cyndi