To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Donna and tornadoes/OKLA storms

Well, we made it through the night...but don't have any electricity. It went
out about 2:00 a.m.  HORRIBLE wind, hail, rain, lightning right over our
house. Thunder that shook the window panes. Ughhh. Needless to say...we got NO sleep last night. Then I went out to feed this morning and found a baby bird that had been flung out of it's nest by the winds. Thought it was dead.
Went to pick it up and dispose of it and it moved.  Looked like a little
drowned rat. I took it into the house and tried to warm it with towels (no electricty so couldn't even put the towel in the dryer to warm it). Great. Now what. Took it to work with me, in a shoe box. With a baggy of worms. It is recovering and HUNGRY. So, looks like I'll be feeding a sparrow baby for a week or two. It has feathers, and looks like it's almost of the age to start flying, but not quite. Too young to be scared of me...so when I lift the lid
it just hops over to
me.  So cute.....