Smoke gets in my eyes

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Smoke gets in my eyes
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:49:27 -0700

How are our friends in northern California? It is incredibly smoky/hazy
here. While we are hundreds of miles from all the fires burning up north
we seem to be getting all the smoke. This morning the sun was just a
bright red ball on the horizon and visibility now is pretty low. My eyes
are definitely bothering me.
Had a great weekend in the local mountains, although our horses think
they had to work entirely too hard. Came home to some giant zucchini and
- hallelujah - green beans ready to pick! Don't know if I'll manage to
can anything this year, I may not get enough, but right now there are
more than plenty for fresh eating.

Cyndi