Re: Smoke gets in my eyes

I was surprised--to say the least--that Oregon, a state that boasts its "greenness", allows fireworks.

On Jun 26, 2008, at 4:15 PM, Theresa G. wrote:

I am freaked out about July 4th and fireworks. Really, the state should just ban them outright this year. I'll be in Seattle and I home my neighborhood is sane about the whole thing while I'm gone.
Theresa

David Franzman wrote:
Hi Cyndi
Its so smokey here that I can taste it.  The nearest major fire from
me is 40 miles away as the crow flies but its like winter here as well. No sun for the last 3 or 4 days...only nuclear night. Very strange. At one point there were almost 1,000 fires in California. So many that fires that hundreds are going without anybody trying to put them out. AND ITS ONLY
JUNE.  Just wait until September after six months of no rain.
David

-----
Original Message ----
From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT"
<cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, June
25, 2008 2:49:27 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Smoke gets in my eyes

How are our friends
in northern California? It is incredibly smoky/hazy
here. While we are
hundreds of miles from all the fires burning up north
we seem to be getting
all the smoke. This morning the sun was just a
bright red ball on the horizon
and visibility now is pretty low. My eyes
are definitely bothering me.
Had a
great weekend in the local mountains, although our horses think
they had to
work entirely too hard. Came home to some giant zucchini and
- hallelujah -
green beans ready to pick! Don't know if I'll manage to
can anything this
year, I may not get enough, but right now there are
more than plenty for fresh
eating.

Cyndi

Island Jim