From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent:
Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:21:52 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Smoke gets in my eyes
I sure hope so too Theresa, w/ all the fires out there they would be insane
let people send incendiary devices flying about.

On 6/26/08, Theresa G.
<macycat3@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I am freaked out about July 4th and
fireworks.  Really, the state should
> just ban them outright this year.  I'll
be in Seattle and I home my
> neighborhood is sane about the whole thing while
I'm gone.
> Theresa
>
> David Franzman wrote:
>
>> Hi Cyndi
>> Its so smokey
here that I can taste it.  The nearest major fire from
>> me is 40 miles away
as the crow flies but its like winter here as well.
>>  No
>> sun for the last
3 or 4 days...only nuclear night.  Very strange.  At one
>> point there were
almost 1,000 fires in California.  So many that fires
>> that
>> hundreds are
going without anybody trying to put them out.  AND ITS ONLY
>> JUNE.  Just
wait until September after six months of no rain.
>> David
>>

>> -----
Wednesday, June
>> 25, 2008 2:49:27 PM
>> Subject: [CHAT] Smoke gets in my
eyes

>> How are our friends
>> in northern California? It is incredibly
smoky/hazy
>> here. While we are
>> hundreds of miles from all the fires
burning up north
>> we seem to be getting
>> all the smoke. This morning the
sun was just a
>> bright red ball on the horizon
>> and visibility now is
pretty low. My eyes
>> are definitely bothering me.
>> Had a
>> great weekend
in the local mountains, although our horses think
>> they had to
>> work
entirely too hard. Came home to some giant zucchini and
>> - hallelujah -

green beans ready to pick! Don't know if I'll manage to
>> can anything this
>> year, I may not get enough, but right now there are
>> more than plenty for
fresh

--
Pam Evans