Re: rozanne

  • Subject: Re: rozanne
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 09:02:49 -0500

My Rozanne is in my front bed between a Ninebark to the house (w) side and Heliopsis Loraine Sunshine to the street (e) side. She faces (s) the driveway which is the approach to the house from the street. Behind her (n) is a dogwood which has over the years stretched to cover more of that bed. The bed used to be all tulips, lilies, peonies and sunny flowers but a few years ago I converted it to a shade garden of toadlilies, hosta, lungworts, and brunnera and such to within about 6 feet of the driveway. That area was still sunny. Since much of Rozanne's beauty would be diminished as it travels into the shady portion, not to mention hogging space better filled by the shade lovers, I prop her backside up with folding fence to face the driveway. This gives her a fuller appearance.

I do have lilies amd Linaria that pop up in front (s)of (through) her ramblings. The main item I was concerned about her rambling over is a lovely little Weigela 'My Monet', that is getting lost in the shuffle. My Monet's coloring is mirrored by that of Ajuga 'Burgundy Glow' planted at the drive's edge. It get's a bit lost in Rozanne's exuberance too. Maybe it is just time to move the Weigela to a better spot.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@netsurfusa.net>