RE: Peonies

  • Subject: RE: Peonies
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 07:58:52 -0700

I can only imagine the show. When we visited Minnesota a few years ago
the peonies were in bud but not quite ready to bloom yet.  I envy your
It is odd weather here. Windy (of course) but also overcast, and there
were thunderstorms last week. In fact there was some rain, they said
there had never been rain on that date in recorded history. We took our
horses to the mountains over the weekend and got rained on during the
trip. And it was a bit below freezing at night, that's not common this
time of year.
My tomatoes are doing pretty darn good considering the pathetic
seedlings I started with, but I haven't uncovered the peppers to look at
them in the last week. I will be surprised if any of them live they were
so tiny and sad looking. I picked some zucchini already, woohoo! This
week I'm deadheading roses when I get home from work, they had a
spectacular bloom. Our desert willows are blooming very profusely but
the rest of the xeriscape is winding down.
I'm doing better at getting outside for an hour of maintenance right
after I get home. I am trying not to look at it as major projects but
merely an hour of whatever comes to mind, and if the chore is not done
after an hour then oh well, I've done something at least. So far so