Re: rambling rose

  • Subject: Re: rambling rose
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:40:07 -0500

Not seedllings. There were 2 groups of shoots on the north side. I gave a little tug to one group and they pulled right off the thick root that was just below ground.

Some one else told me it might be Rose Rosette Disease but, though there ar esome similarities, it doesn't seem right. According to MOBOT, RRD is transmitted by a mite that travels passively in the wind. Transmission typically occurs between the months of May through mid-July. Symptoms from new infections usually start appearing in mid-July. As far as I know the rose was fine last year, though of course, I wasn't able to inspect all the branches high up in the tree.

You are right Judy. It is congested. I should thin them out. I'm also concerned about them starving out the "good shoot". The scraggly leaves seem to be taking on a more normal shape, but totally different from the "right" leaves.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>