RE: my gardening season

  • Subject: RE: my gardening season
  • From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:55:41 -0400

I clean when I get around to it. Well, except shoveling out whatever Vidalia
has currently drug into the house, or torn to shreds. Tonight it was a
clothing catalog. I am about to go load the dishwasher, as I don't want to
look at the mess when I get up in the morning. It's been to hot here to work
other than in the mornings. Even the nights are too hot. I managed to mow
this morning, directed two men on how I wanted my patio fixed, got the small
water garden in, went to Lowes and got 3 pots of calla lilies for $5 each

I went in search of a water lily but none to be found. I'll get one
eventually. Then I stayed on the couch until 4:30, got dressed and took
dinner to some really good friends. I told some of you, but not the whole
list. This family is very close to me. One of the children (She's 16) was in
a car accident on Wednesday night and is now paralyzed from the waist down,
among numerous other injuries. She's got an amazing spirit. Her dad and
sister came home tonight (she was 2 hours away when the accident happened so
she's in a hospital out of town). The whole family has dinner at their mom's
house every Sunday night, meaning, the four children that are my age, and
all the grandkids who are now teenagers and young adults.
 Anyway-Kelli's (the accident victim) Dad and sister came home tonight so I
got to see them, give them hugs, etc. What's amazing is the out pouring of
support from the community. People are lined up with donations, ready to
help remodel their house to make it wheelchair accessible, etc. People are
driving to see the family at the hospital even though they can't get in to
see Kelli. They started a website for her to keep everyone posted on her
progress and it's had over 1600 hits just since it was created on Thursday.
It's truly amazing and uplifting.

Although I know Kelli will go through major trauma when she realizes what
this truly means, her response to the doctor when he told her the condition
was permanent was "Bummer."

I'm so glad that I know this family.