Re: weekend chores

hi, tony. remember "flying jack"? it was drawn by a guy named zack mosely, whose artistic talents closely resembled those of dick tracy's creator, chester gould [i.e., he had none]. i don't remember much about "flying jack" except his stooge was a fat little asian type named chop-chop. chop-chop didn't wear a coolie hat [surprise] but he did have a pigtail, a fu-man-chu moustache, and wear some sort of kimono. he also wielded something that looked like a philippine machete, which he holstered in his obi.

i don't know if anyone thought these stereotypes were campy at the time, but they sure as hell is now [as long as your asian friends understand why you collect them].