Re: weekend chores

In a message dated 03/01/2003 10:29:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jsinger@igc.org writes:

> "steve canyon" was the successor to "terry and the pirates." milton caniff,
> apparently, decided early during wwii to get serious about glorifying the
> air force and sent terry packing. as i recall, there was an awkward few
> weeks when caniff introduced canyon to the dragon lady [remember her? madam
>
> soong, in reality, if anyone is trying to make sense of this.] and tried to
>
> rationalize his overt conversion to producing military propaganda.

A professor of mine at Florida State (then FSCW) in the late 40s was an
ex-airforce flyer and a great fan of Caniff.  He had a collection of Caniff's
original drawings which he would display to students (a variation of "come up
and see my engravings.") How's that for dating myself.  Auralie