Re: weekend chores

  Got back from our roundabout trip to Colorado by way of Seattle and
Olympia, and have finished reading the 719 emails.  I responded to a couple
before I finished, and of course found someone else had already answered the
question.  Oh well.  You guys always have the answers.
   The weather in Olympia was lovely.  We left here on the 20th in relatively
mild weather - temperature near 40 degrees.  Washington state was lovely with
spring well advanced.  My daughter-in-law had daffodils, fruit trees and
redbud blooming - everything green.  The Seattle Flower Show was just lovely.
 Very impressive commercial gardens and plant society displays. Maybe not
quite as big as the Philadelphia and Boston shows, but very high quality
displays. I always find it interesting to see what is grown in other parts of
the country. The "Standard Flower Show" put on by the Washington State
Federation was a bit of a disappointment - nice, but not quite up to what I
would have expected from a State show.
  Then we flew to Denver on Monday and arrived in 8 degree weather.  It
snowed about two inches every night and stayed in the teens for the entire
three days.  Back to Olympia where it was still mild, but back in New York
the weather is bitter cold.  In the teens all day yesterday and high 20s
  My seeds have come - what was I thinking of!  I have ordered enough seeds
for ten gardens.  But of course I do this every year, and usually manage to
use most of them.  I am just frustrated because I don't feel that it's time
to start things indoors even though some years I would have plants almost
ready to put out by now.  This is a strange, strange winter.
  It was a good trip - good to see signs of spring, and two sets of
grandkids, but it's even better to be home, even with the crazy weather.
I've missed keeping up with all of you.  Now just THINK SPRING!!!