RE: strawberry tree

Thanks- I will be looking at where to order this!

Theresa

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of David Franzman
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 11:29 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] strawberry tree

Theresa, I see why you're getting conflicting messages about size.
 Western Garden Book says it gets between 8 and 35'.  Ok, this is the
thing.  It's a pretty slow grower...well it says moderately slow grower.
 You want to keep it pruned because in my opinion the beauty of the tree
is the gnarled look of the trunk and major branches.  It won't take to
much to prune since it's a slow grower.  I can guarantee that you and I
will be long gone before it reaches any considerable height even if you
don't prune it.

Now as for where to get it....Urban Tree Farm in, of course, Santa Rosa!
 It may be a special order I'm not sure.  I called about them once but I
forget if they said it was in stock or they had to order.  I'm sure you
can find one or order one in your area as well.

DF