RE: new purchases

I usually set up a temporary  make-shift greenhouse using a garden bench
that sits on a protected area of the deck off the house.  I put the
plants in trays on and under the bench and drape the whole thing in
clear plastic sheeting.  The weight of the bench holds the plastic down
under each leg.  Also, I use a few strategically placed bricks to help
prevent the wind from blowing the plastic away.  It gets pretty windy by
the water!  I create "vents" as needed by lifting an edge.  This system
has worked well for me for a few years now.

I've also used an old garden cart covered in plastic.

Long Island, NY
Zone 7