kaffir lily

some years ago, linda spadafora [hope i spelled her name correctly; i don't think she's with us any longer, however, or if she is, she's lurking] sent me an old kaffir lily [clivia miniata] that she had had for years but it never bloomed for her. she thought maybe a tropical environment would encourage it to behave better.

i put it in a pot in the lathhouse for a year or so, then moved it to the front patio when we began putting plants out there. we've always admired it for its foliage. but now it's finally going to bloom. and the bloom spike is going to have at least a dozen flowers. can't wait.