Re: kaffir lily

And mine is now in bloom in the g.h. - for only the 2nd time since
I've had the durn thing - some 10 years at least.  Discovered that
the key is cool and relatively dry winter temps....then when it
starts growth, water and feed.  Used to keep it in the house and
water with all the house plants - lotsa leaves; no flowers - thinking
it needed warmth as in tropical.  Well, t'ain't so..wants cool winter
- not cold, but cool - and not dust dry but dryish.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :