Re: Hello/now vegetables

My favorite method for green vegetables is Italian-style: put some olive oil
in a saute pan, add some minced garlic and the vegetable, cut in bite-size
pieces. Saute until the veggie is bright green, add a half-cup of chicken
stock, and simmer, covered, until just al dente. This is excellent for
broccoli, zucchini and leafy greens. I haven't tried it with lima beans, but
I'll bet it'd be really good, too.

At my local pub in NYC they used to serve rutabagas mashed with a secret
ingredient. I asked Michael Peacock (isn't that a great name?), the
proprietor, what he put in them, but he wouldn't tell me the secret. I think
it may have been carrots; maybe there were some apples, too . They were
sweet, aromatic and delicious, just wonderful. I must try to replicate that