Re: was smoke tree/ now tree care

Judy,
I never saw Ceres post that caused you to ask the question....
Stooling is cutting the whole shrub back every early spring, or sometimes
every other early spring to about one foot high.  This is often done to
Smoke Bush to get it to branch out more.  I also understand it reduces the
amount of 'smoke' you get in subsequent years.  I don't like the flowers -
would cut them off.  But i love Cotinus.

Kitty