Re: Plants in dry semi-shade

You're right Noreen....I was trying to plant on my "northern schedule" in a "southern, hot place". Didn't work. Thanks to Pam...I figured a lot out!!

Jesse Rene' Bell

From: TeichFlora@aol.com
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Plants in dry semi-shade
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:52:48 EST

In a message dated 3/22/2003 11:02:45 AM Central Standard Time,
gardenchat-owner@hort.net writes:

> Pam, I have heard that gardening in Texas is like gardening in hell!
> Ceres

I think much of this depends on where in Texas you are, and what you are
trying to garden. Too many people make the initial mistake of trying to grow
northern plants in a southern area!! Once they realize that there are an
abundance of plants (including natives and tropicals) that grow extremely
well here, then they change their tune.

I've gardened in hot,dry places....Mojave desert in Ca., El Paso and San
Antonio, Tx. Now here in west Houston. I enjoyed each very much, although a
challenge at first. Plants just seem to thrive and bloom more, have longer
growing seasons, more plant diversity, than I experienced in Germany or
elsewhere. But that is just my experience and opinion.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast