Re: roses & "stuff"

SallyAnn wrote:
I have been told many times that the only roses that will thrive in Fl are
on Fortuniana or Dr Hughey rootstock. Is this true of the old roses, too I
wonder? Would love a rose with no black spot!
SAinSA z9
I think that R. fortuniana rootstock prevents infection
by root nematodes, with which Florida is cursed. I doubt
that rootstock prevents blackspot, but wait to be corrected :-) .
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7