Re: Slugger

> Thing with our vet is we're not just talking a couple of cats here...at
> times, the local feral cat population can easily number 40 or 50 cats

That's the point of a vet getting involved.  He can't take the time to catch
them himself, but I think most would be happy to do a few neuterings of
ferals for free as a community service. It only takes a few minutes and some
anesthetic, but mainly it requies volunteers to bring them in.  If a group
made this sort of effort, over time the colony would be neutered and over
more time, the population reduced.  And then the occasionally dumped
newcomer wouldn't consume much time at all.

For more infromation on TNR programs (Trap-Neuter-Release) go to: