Re: Forsythia/Cats and Beans

In a message dated 03/19/2004 5:16:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jesserenebell@hotmail.com writes:

> ...so I soaked some plain ole pinto beans in water
> overnight, planted them in a pot and a week later I had lovely green shoots
> coming up.  Well, Raja decided to "taste" them.  And she like them.  So, she
>
> mowed them down.  She is not on her SECOND pot of pinto bean sprouts.  How
> weird.

Jane, one of my younger cats (she's the gray) loves peas.  When I am
preparing a meal she gets right in the middle of tghings, and if I am shelling peas or
snapping sugar-snaps, just has to have some.  She will even eat frozen peas,
but likes the fresh ones much better.  She will eat as many as I will give
her.  She also likes asparagus if I cut it into small pieces  - will eat half a
spear.  None of the other cats are even vaguely interested in such stuff.
Auralie