Re: Re: Christmas in March, vole damage

Well, Kitty, the poor thing has realized (probably for the first time
in his life) that a human can be kind and has imprinted on you and is
trying to make up for years of not having any affection.  I'm sure
your other guys resent him no end, but, they might get used to him if
he makes any effort to be friends.  If he just whacks them at every
opportunity, they will have an uneasy truce but never any friendship.
 I had one like that when I had my herd.  He didn't like anybody and
nobody liked him, but they existed together.

Cats, given their druthers, want to be only cats; they are not keen
on sharing space with other cats, but they can learn to do so - after
a fashion.

I *know* how unsettling this sort of thing is; best of luck there and
hopefully warm weather and going outside will take the pressure off.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi