From: Marge Talt [mailto: mtalt@hort.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:39:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Sunken Gardens

> From: Donna <justme@prairieinet.net><br>> <br>> We also loose many
plants yearly too. Seems folks think that since<br>it is<br>> a public
place, they are welcome to anything :( Some day I will<br>catch<br>>
someone doing this and they will get fined!
they will take<br>anything not nailed down. I was told a story about a
guy who had a<br>nursery; his house was on the property and he had a
private garden<br>around the house. One day a couple drove up into his
garden and<br>started digging up plants - their excuse...well, it is a
nursery. <br>Amazing. Public gardens all over had tremendous problems
with people<br>stealing plants. And it's often really rare things that
are taken -<br>and have to be taken by someone who knows what they are
and how rare<br>they are and that really astounds me. It's one thing (I
guess) for<br>ignorant folks to take something that appeals to them, but
for a<br>serious plant person to take a rare plant from a
act, will they actually survive long<br>enough for you to fine them?
Gardening in
Article: Battling
Index of Articles by Category and
Suite101.com garden topics