Re: gloves

Libby, my glove fix probably came from the AHS discussion.  Like
you, I like to feel what I am doing, and also have large hands so that
the average women's gloves don't fit well.  I had used latex gloves
given me by a medical friend, but found I'm terribly allergic to the
latex - my hands were just a mass of red rash.  Someone on the
list, possibly Marge, suggested Nitrile gloves, and I have been
using them with much success ever since.  They aren't terribly
sturdy, though a bit sturdier than the latex.  Thorny material will
rip them, but if I;m reasonably careful about that sort of thing a
pair will last through some pretty rough stuff.  It is possible to
wash and reuse them, but I usually don't.  They are cheap enough
that I don't feel the need.  I order them by the box of 100 from
Gempler's, and a box lasts the season.  They have been most
satisfactory for me.
Auralie

In a message dated 03/08/2005 11:25:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,