-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:49 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] perlite

Well, I am just being bombarded by revelations lately.  Maybe you knew this
already, but it was news to me. There on the shelf in Wal-Mart's pet section
were 1-pound packages of perlite for only $3.94!  According to the package
it is a new kitty litter made from natural sources.  One advantage is that,
for those of us who are tired of lugging home 20-30# tubs of the stuff, the
lightweight material seems a godsend.  However, I think I can get a 4cu ft
bag for $13 at Ag-Plus.  Does anyone know if perlite can be used as cat
litter?