Re: Mahonia

Well, Zem, a quick Google to find an image of this one comes up blank
and an advanced search brings up assorted UK, Dutch and Polish
nurseries and sites...if you have contacts in Eureka Springs, see if
they can tell you where they got it as it does not seem to be
prevalent in the trade this side of the pond.  I have not looked at
Heronswood....back in a flash....nope, not listed there.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Until April 11

----------
> From: Zemuly Sanders <zsanders@midsouth.rr.com>
>
> This past weekend I visited Eureka Springs, AR.  What a wonderful
place, I
> must say.  On the way there, and once in town, I spotted the most
awesome
> plant which I believe to be Mahonia aquifolium 'Atropupurea'.  I
must have
> one.  The leaves are the blackest purple I have ever seen, and this
time of
> the year it's covered with clusters of tiny yellow flowers.  It is
just
> gorgeous.  I cannot fine a source, and I have looked.  I just love
Mahonias