From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:38:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fuchsia

I see your point, but.....I have been hassling with this same group
over<br>their selections for these pots every year. I just really do not
want to<br>have to go through all that work and possibly actually get
the plants. Then<br>they'll expect it every year. I told them I wouldn't
substitute. Instead,<br>they are free to go find the plants they want
themselves.<br><br>I put in well over 30 hours on finding and organizing
and writing orders for<br>those plants. If I were working a real job, I
simply couldn't have done it.<br>Someday I hope to have a real job and I
don't want to set a precedent with<br>these particular people of
spending hours finding the verbena they saw in<br>BHG. Not that I don't
go the extra mile for them in other ways. I do, and<br>most have been
pretty happy with my efforts.<br><br>But with this group, every year
it's some paricular petunia. Maybe it's<br>just me; I'm not a big annual
fan. I have worked hard at getting one<br>particular difficult perennial
for another group. Three friggin' years it<br>took! But it is on its way
this spring, finally. But annuals? They're<br>pretty for a few months
and then they're trash. Maybe that's why I really<br>don't want to get
into doing that every single year.<br><br>Maybe I'll pass your
suggestion on to that group and let them run with
"Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:50 PM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT]
to donate a half dozen plants for projects just<br>like<br>> you are
doing... a public garden run by non-profit groups that is very<br>>
visible. That small donation on their part could lead to a newer
variety<br>> being shown off for them... and of course future
sales.<br>><br>> I would have dropped them an email (preferably from MG
account, verifiable<br>> group address)

she had contacted an editor at<br>> > BH&G<br>> > who gave her a source
in PA. I t was the grower BH&G had interviewed. I<br>> > had<br>> > to
explain to her that this is a grower who sells to wholesalers
Kitty<br>><br>>