Re: I have undertaken the greatest challenge

High-quality bond decays more slowly, in all likelihood, owing to its cotton content, Auralie. That it forms a crust is not surprising--cotton- or linen-content bond is essentially a crust that is filtered out of a water-fiber slurry and rolled thin. Papers made with cotton or linen fibers are incredibly durable and, after vellums and other animal-skin writing media, may be the most durable of all. Most incunabula is inscribed on one vegetable-fiber bond or another, not a bleached, sulfured pine-slurry produced paper.