SF flower & garden show

Hi All-

Got the the SF Flower and Garden show today! Spent the whole day there with a friend- such fun! The displays were gorgeous. Fell in love with Acer "Full Moon", really enjoyed the mushroom display and learned that mushrooms growing on your yard are actually good for the lawn! I nearly bought a tree peony and an oak leaf hydrangea- but managed to refrain (as I have no idea where I'd put either). I also managed to make it through the orchid house without caving and buying something which I would then kill. I did buy a garden mushroom kit- I can add some woodchips/sawdust to my veggie garden and divide the mushroom starter and plant in the chips. I plan to do this inbetween and around my blueberry plants in the garden- so everything should be very happy. The mushrooms are a variety of oyster mushrooms. I also bought a pair of earrings (I know- this isn't garden related- but I loved them- they are made of bone and look like stylized fishhooks). I also bought some garden art- a "Tree of Life" metal sculpture which I'll hang on my fence or house somewhere- Haven't decided where yet. Pretty nifty that it is made from part of an old oil drum! There were lots of recycle/re-use ideas at the show this year. Also, lots of succulents/agaves/cycad/palms at this year's show.

On a less cheery note- I didn't get to see our DF. His dad was manning his booth. Apparently Dave's daughter has had a turn for the worse and is back under medical care. Poor DF must be pretty overwhelmed at this point with everything happening. I think positive thoughts, energy and prayers would be appropriate for the whole family. I'll let you all know if I hear more.

Sac, CA zone 8-9