Re: hum.....

In a message dated 03/25/2005 2:34:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:
Auralie - maybe we could make a pact and both start using granny-ropes for
our glasses.

I may get there yet, Kitty.  For years I have worn the "progressive" lenses,
but when I got new glasses recently and told the doctor that I don't wear
them much around the house, he recommended that I have one pair just
for reading and one for outside things like driving.  Sounded pretty good
to me.  I had not been able to read with the "progressive" lenses for some
years - always took off my glasses to read, eat, etc.  Obviously, I was
near-sighted when younger, which has corrected itself to a degree as I
aged.  Lately I had been having trouble reading even without glasses, so
the reading glasses seemed like a good idea.  But now I have two sets
of glasses to lose.  So far I am keeping them in bright-colored cases, and
trying to keep the cases in a consistent place.  I'm still not used to the
system, but I guess it will work out eventually.  Old age has its problems.
But I haven't given up yet.  Somewhere I have a really neat-looking heishi
bead chain for glasses that was used to hold name-tags at a National
Garden Club convention in Denver some years ago.  Maybe I'll look
for that.