Re: Rabbits NOW dogs

Chris, I believe that Chow mixes are much mellower than pure breds. Precious has learned to ignore the house cats (10) after living with them for over 7 years now. She will, however, still snap at them if they bug her. She has also 'pinched' my grandchildren, but never broken then skin, when they have gotten out of line. She does seem to be a lot calmer, and I know she is older. She also does not like being around tiny, yipping dogs, and would most likely eat them.
Hi Zem,

  Did you have any problems with your dog's aggressiveness?  Romeo very
  much wants to be the pack leader in my house, so we've had quite a few
  battles of wills so far.  I don't want to break his spirit, but he
  obviously needs to listen and be respectful of things in the house.

  I've read that chows are very intelligent (which I see in Romeo) and
  very set in their ways.  They'll tolerate people as long as they can
  do what they want.  Romeo sometimes acts that way too, but I
  hope it's just because he's still in a period of adjustment.

  On the other hand, this is my first time caring for a dog and I really
  have no clue what I'm doing.  So we're both learning as we go along.  :)

  I do have him trained well enough now to ignore any creature when
  we go for walks, but he loves to chase squirrels through the yard
  whenever he can.  Since there's a big old oak tree out back I'm sure
  he'll have a blast when the acorns start maturing!

http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3690 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2005-03-20/       The latest additions