Re: frig color/ kitchen

What brand did you use, and did you have to lay a new sub-floor?

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] frig color/ kitchen

I think it is a matter of taste and style. Stainless looks great in a
modern, clean look. My kitchen decor and style just would not look good with a
modern element.

On the discussion of kitchen floors. I grew up with tile in the
kitchen....hated it. Matter of taste again. Too many broken things, then broken tile,
etc. Plus it was cold. I do like the tile look though. I have a bad habit
(or perhaps hobby) of changing the interior and exterior a lot. I've changed
the kitchen floor 3 or 4 times in the past 15 years. The first time I used
lenolium (sp?) sheet. Was okay to put down, but hard to fix if needed, and
just not versatile enough. Went to the peel and stick tile. I loved it. Was
easy to put down, easy to fix if needed. The quality was better than the
sheets, and improving. So about a year ago, I pulled up the old stuff and put
down a new type that looks exactly like ceramic tile but it is peel and
stick. Easy to keep clean, easy to fix if needed, warm, soft (so things don't
break as easily). So far everyone that comes to the house thinks they are
ceramic. Just another choice......

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast