Re: potting bench

I got the Arbor Day trees years ago and if they are still sending tiny starts, potting up would be what I would do. I do that with almost everything I get unless it's already in 1 gal or larger. I'm so busy in spring I can't get around to planting them right away, so growing them on in pots helps me and helps them.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:35 PM
Subject: [CHAT] potting bench

Does anyone know of/have plans for a potting bench? I would like one that has plans for a sink so I can wash things up.

I've been weeding and gathering old brick for borders and more
walks...my forsythia and daffodils are about spent. The red bud is about
to break out. Other blooming things are Lenten rose, grape hyacinthus,
vinca minor, and one lone red tulip (they don't last long here). I just
received some trees from the Arbor Day Foundation. Although they
recommend planting them at once, I am tempted to put them in pots, nurse
them throughout the summer, and plant in the fall. Any comments? Am I on
the right track?

Bonnie ETN Zone 7