To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 10:33 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Help with H. americana!

Hi guys,

  I ordered 18 Hepatica americana in large pots from Bluebird Nursery,
  but they look like they had just been repotted because their root
  systems were small and some had fallen out of the pots in shipment.

  I repotted them all upon receipt and they seemed to be doing well, but
  now, two weeks later, a whole bunch of them have wilted.  The soil is
  moist and there's no water or visible fungus.

  The only plants that seem to be suffering are the ones that had small
  root systems (about 3/4 of them).  Does anyone have any suggestions
  to revive these babies before the whole crop fails?

Thanks!

Chris