Re: Help with H. americana!

> so the stalks are wilty?

Yeah.  Some are flat against the soil now.

> When you say the roots are small- how small? Where
> they damaged in shipping and cracked off somewhere?
> Maybe more of the roots where craked in spots you
> couldn't see in the dirt? Of course, I am sure you
> planted correctly and didn't leave an air hole right?

Like 3-4 roots coming out of the plant, maybe an inch long.  I planted
them correctly.  :)

> I would go with Jim's thoughts, but also where are
> these at now? Might want to give them special
> treatment and bring them indoors.

I brought them inside a few days ago, but they seem to be getting worse.

> Did you tell the nursery that you had some damage in
> shipping at the time? They might offer some other
> thoughts...

Unfortunately, no. I had such a hard time getting Bluebird to do anything
for me, but then we finally got on the same page and they let me order
without my nursery certificate since it's still being processed.  I didn't
want to rock the boat since I wanted more stuff from them later  and thought
I could salvage the plants.