Re: Help with H. americana!

> I think we had an argument about this last year --
> you said why pay
> more for larger plants when I can get more in a
> smaller quantity.  Now
> you understand!  :)

I guess we should have this argument again :)

I still stand on what I said last fall.... The larger
plants you are buying this spring, were the smaller
plugs at reduced pricing last fall- but you had to get
in your car and go there.

Seriously, I am not a nursery owner, but do know what
worked best for my group in this zone- but we did have
a greenhouse to use which also makes a big difference.

What in my opinion is going to be your problem- two
things-

those plants where just shipped to you, and will be
going thru that h*** shipping again elsewhere in a
short amount of time without time to rejuvenate
itself...

and do you really have time to test those plants
before sending on their way- sure, you know the
culture and history, but just like any plant, some are
better than others....will these be a weak strain of
that plant?

I guess I have three things-- smaller plants
transplant better, especially if they are native
plants.

Can we agree to disagree?

Donna