From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 6:44 AM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Brix

Anybody know about brix? Like, brix is measured in "degrees"; how does this
associate with "percent," if it does? And, are there established benchmarks
published somewhere--so one can compare apples and oranges?
I'm getting a refractometer [the organic guys say you can determine the
fertilizer needs of plants by measuring the brix of leaf sap], so it would
likely be more interesting if I knew what I was doing.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10